Weight Training After 50 - How to Stop Aging and Cut Heart Attack Risk

Bookmark and Share

alt text

Want to know how to stop aging and cut heart attack risk?

Weight training after 50 holds the key.

How to Stop Aging

alt text
Do you believe the secret to a long and healthy life is locked away in the genes? A recent study suggests the recipe for ripe old age is much simpler than that - no longer the birthright of a fortunate few, it is available to everyone.

This exciting news comes from Age UK. The British charity has issued guidelines which say it is never too early - or too late - to adopt a healthy regime to improve the quality of later life.

Some of their top tips include:

  • Be positive
  • Eat healthy
  • Don't smoke
  • Sleep well
  • Take regular exercise.

Photo courtesy of puuikibeach

Anti Aging Exercise

So how can these tips help you? Since our genetic make-up is thought to contribute just 25% towards how long we live, this means the remaining 75% is in our hands to do with as we choose.

That is fantastic news. This means we can significantly affect how we look, age and perform in our daily lives - and the best part is, effective exercise plays a crucial role.

And what is the MOST effective kind of anti aging exercise? Yes, you guessed it: weight training.

Weight Training after 50

Weight training after 50 is one of the key anti aging exercises and best ways to protect your heart. But please don't just take my word for it. For proof, consider this study presented at the American College of Sports Medicine's 55th Annual Meeting.

    The study included 8,762 male subjects and showed that men with increased muscular strength are not only likely to live longer, but can cut their risk of cardiovascular disease by up to 60%.

    Dr. Ruiz works at the Department of Biosciences and Nutrition in Sweden and states:

    "This study examines the association between muscular strength and mortality. Other studies used a single measure of muscular strength, but ours used two tests. Muscular strength and cardio-respiratory fitness combine to provide protective effects against all-cause mortality in men."

Such research becomes especially relevant when Age UK predicts the number of people aged 50+ is expected to exceed 20 million in the next two decades. Indeed, with more people aged over 60 than under 16, the face of modern Britain is changing forever.

In Summary

Want to know how to stop aging and cut heart attack risk? Weight training after 50 holds the key to a strong body, improved fitness and healthy heart.

Tell a Friend

Weight Training After 50 to Muscle Building

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.